Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seasons


I find myself thinking every day, “I can’t wait for summer! I can’t wait to wear flip flops and tank tops every day! I can’t wait to be tan again!” I love summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got me to thinking about how many times in my life I have been discontent in the season I am in…just waiting in anticipation for what’s to come.

I vividly remember when I was going to private school in the 3rd grade and I would get so angry everyday because the 6th graders would always cut the line in 4 Square during recess, but there was nothing we could do about it. I remember saying, “I can’t wait until I’m in the 6th grade.”

Then of course there was the season of life when all of my friends had their driver’s license, but I was not allowed to ride with them, so I had to be dropped off by my parents (embarrassing!). I said, “I can’t wait until I can drive!”

I remember my senior year of high school. I mostly took a lot of electives to avoid graduating early, so I could play basketball one more year. Once basketball season was over, I thought every single day, “I can’t wait until I’m done with school!”

Then there was the “I can’t wait until summer camp starts!” phase after the hill.

Then the “ I can’t wait until I get a job and start making some real money!”, then “I can’t wait until I get a better job than this one!”, etc. etc.etc…..

I don’t’ think there is anything wrong with anticipating what God has for us next

“However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9

But I also think that there is a lot be said for being content in the here and now. Instead of praying that the next “season” will come sooner, I will start praying that I will be able to soak up every moment in this season, knowing that I am being prepared for the season to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! u stole my layout! its cute, huh? :) PS...im in texas. yay!