Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sunshine and Wisdom

I have been pretty busy lately, but definitely not socially. I feel like I have been buried in work; photography, planning a girl’s conference, building my website, and a few other random odd jobs. I enjoy having a project, but I have to keep reminding myself not to miss out on life and what God has for me in the every day moments and not just spend all my time planning ahead (yes, I realize that is a common thing for me to blog about).


Anyways, Sunday morning I was not feeling very well, so I skipped church…I know, I know. I staying in bed for a long time and then realized it was a beautiful day outside, so I brought a blanket, pillow, and my Bible to the back yard and soaked up some sunshine and wisdom.


I have been reading through Proverbs and I keep highlighting verses that all seem to have a common theme…Godly counsel. Obviously, it’s something I need to be learning. The whole book of Proverbs keeps reminding me that leaning on my own fleshly wisdom will only bring chaos to my life. I am so thankful for the people that God has placed in my life to be my godly counsel. I realize what a rare thing it is to have even one person in your life that you can trust to tell you the Truth and point out to you the lies that you believe and I have WAY more than one of those people in my life. I am so blessed to have been given such a precious gift that I do not ever want to take for granted. I want to cherish and protect it.


Just a few of the verses that have been on my mind this week.


Proverbs 4:13 Take hold of instruction: do not let it go. Guard her for she is your life.

Proverbs 11: 14 Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel.

Proverbs 15:5 A fool rejects his fathers wisdom, but he who regards reproof is sensible.

Proverbs 15:22 Without consultation, plans are frustrated, but with many counselors they succeed.

Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke goes deeper into the one who has understanding, than a hundred blows into a fool.


Okay, maybe I have had a LITTLE social interaction recently. Saturday night I went to what I was told was a crawfish boil….I think it was more like a crawfish tasting. They had boiled about 10 lbs of crawfish for like 15 people. Only one other person besides me had even tried them before, so it was fun to see everyone’s reaction. One girl brought her own food from Sonic, another girl was super brave and tried sucking a head, and my favorite quote from the evening was from this HUGE guy when I told him to get some more he replied, “Well, I already had two!” (as thought that was overindulging).















No comments: