Saturday, March 7, 2009

Reasons to Frown...

Well, the economy has been going downhill for a while now, but today was the first time it has affected my regular life and activities. I drove up to my FAVORITE coffee place, Texas Coffee, to get a warm beverage and I found that they had shut down. WHAT?!?!?! I loved this place. It was decorated really rustic with that good ol' West Texas feel to it. They had t-shirts that said "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks." I love the idea of giving my money to small, local businesses (but I have nothing against Starbucks). Texas Coffee reminded me a lot of the coffee shop I used to work at in Boerne (The Daily Grind) and I think that's what I liked most about it, although the country music and free wireless internet didn't hurt either. I miss you, Texas Coffee:(...that's why I'm frowning.



Another reason this week brought a frown was that I had to go to see a urologist here in San Angelo. I have been having severe kidney pain for about a month now, so I decided it was time to get it checked out. I took this pic while I was waiting in the doctor's office to hear the result of the tests we ran. No infection. My kidney is functioning very well. The new doctor says my pain is caused by scar tissue and there isn't anything he can do to treat it (besides pain management). Since I definitely don't want to live my life on pain meds, I'll be sucking it up...so sometimes I frown:(

No comments: