Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Got A Pocket Full of Sunshine!!

Dear Internet,

Today is beautiful!! I'm pretty sure some pictures will be taken today, so be looking for them in the near future.

I don't really make New Year's resolutions. This year I did decide that I would like to read at least one book per month. Not so much a resolution as much as just a goal. So far, this month I have read two books and it would probably have been more, but I have been studying this HUGE booklet of teaching material for the DNOW that I am a leader for this weekend. I think I can finish one more before the month is over:) That makes me happy. I suppose once you actually state that you are setting a goal, then you HAVE to make it a priority. I have made reading a priority and I love it!

In August, when I moved back to San Angelo and when school started, one of the Senior girls from my weekly Bible Study asked me if I would study a book of the Bible with her (via email). It has been really encouraging to receive emails each week from her sharing all of the things that God is teaching her as she studies verse by verse. It has also been an outlet for me, since I don't do very much Bible teaching here in Angelo.

As for my photography, things are going well...better than I expected. I already have 2 photo shoots in February. I told myself when I started this "If I can just do 1 or 2 shoots a month, I will be happy!" So, yeah, it's looking good! I made a little trade with a friend of mine who is a graphic designer/musician. he's working on designing me a logo and I am going to take some pictures for him. Sweet Action! I also started up a facebook group, hoping that it would at least get me a little more exposure, and in one week I have 219 members!

Last paycheck, I recieved a pay raise. I knew I was supposed to be getting one after 3 months, but no one said anything, so I thought I was going to have to being it up....but on pay day I was informed that my check would reflect my raise!

Hmm...what else? Oh! My friend, Jordan, is giving me her Ipod. I know, Internet, you're thinking..."What?!?! You don't have an Ipod?!?!" Yes, I am finally going to emerge from the dark ages and have an Ipod! Thanks Jordan!!! I also, just recently bought 1 gig of ram for my computer. So hopefully it won't take me a lifetime to edit pictures on my freaking slow computer. John Ryan said I should see a HUGE improvement....he BETTER be right....or else...:)

Well, Internet, I promised you a lengthy post. I don't have any picture to add, but like I said....it's a beautiful day...who knows?

Until next time...

2 comments:

John Ryan Seaman said...

Have you installed it yet? I know that it will help. When I am in town next I can even do some optimization to your pc to help it even more.

Anonymous said...

"dear internet"! HA! :)